SECTION 1. DUES:
- a. The National Board of Directors shall determine the amount of annual dues payable to the Association by its members. Changes in the amount of dues presently in effect shall call for an amendment to this manual by the National Board of Directors. Prior to any change in the amount of dues presently paid, the National Board of Directors shall take the following actions:
- (1) Publish in the Association publication a statement to the fact that a dues rate change is under consideration. This statement shall include as a minimum:
- (a) A synopsis of all statistical data that necessitates the dues rate change.
- (b) The proposed dues rate including the specific area(s) that will be affected by the dues rate change (increase or decrease);
- (c) The exact date on which the National Board of Directors takes action shall not be less than sixty (60) days from the date of publication.
- (2) Ensure that any change in the membership dues does not become effective until at least ninety (90) days after final action by the National Board of Directors and that each copy of the next three (3) issues of the Association publication contains the membership dues change.
- a. Individual membership dues in the Association, including associate membership, shall be paid in the amounts and for the period specified below:
- (1) Regular Member/Associate 1-Year for $45.00, 3-Years for $126.00, 5-Years for $200.00.
- (2) Regular Member, introductory rate free (applicable only to WO1’s/CW2’s where applicable at no cost joining at time of, or within 60 days following, appointment.)
- (3) Retired Member 1-Year for $30.00, 3-Years for $84.00, 5-Years for $130.00.
- (4) An additional fee of $12.00 per year will be added to members’ dues if they choose to receive hard-copy distribution of the USAWOA Newsliner Publication and are not Life Members or members with 25 years or more with the Association. This fee is to cover the cost of a hard copy Newsliner. This fee is not charged for an electronic version of the Newsliner, which remains free to all members.
- (5) Life Member Age. The dues for USAWOA Life Membership are graduated based on the age of the member when he or she applies for life membership. The rates are:
|Age 30 and under:
|Age 66 and over:
- Members may make one single payment by cash or charge. Members may also authorize USAWOA to place a charge against a regular credit card for up to a ten-month period. Members who have a Pentagon Federal Credit Union account (Share, Money-Market, Pen-Check, or PFCU-USAWOA Affinity Visa credit card) can authorize a charge to their account for ten (or fewer, as arranged) equal payments for the Life Membership.
- (4) Corporate Partner Membership Levels:
- a. Corporate Partner (full page): $10,000 – Partner entitled to monthly full-page ad in Newsliner, 15 associate memberships, and complimentary display table at AMMs.
- b. Corporate Partner (half page): $5,000 – Partner entitled to monthly half-page ad in Newsliner, 10 associate memberships, and complimentary display table at AMMs.
- c. Corporate Partner (quarter page): $3,000 – Partner entitled to monthly quarter-page ad in Newsliner, 6 associate memberships, and complimentary display table at AMMs.
- d. Corporate Sponsor: $1,600 – Partner entitled to quarterly quarter-page ad in Newsliner, 6 associate memberships, and complimentary display table at AMMs.
- (5) Small Business Proprietor-Level Membership for $80.00. This will cover membership of business and one member. Entitled to business card ad in Newsliner.
- (6) Small Business Partnership-Level Membership for $140.00. This will cover membership of business and two members. Entitled to business card ad in Newsliner.
- c. No region or chapter shall collect dues other than those listed above from its members.